Bernie Wolfsdorf, immigration attorney and past national AILA President will be moderating a panel discussing EB-5 immigrant investor visa issues. The panel will include Jor Law, securities attorney, Kevin Wright, economist, and Michael Gibson, registered investment advisor.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM PDT
This session focuses on setting up regional centers explaining the process and addressing pitfalls. Special guest Elliot Winer, TEA expert and Economic Consultant will join the panel.
• TEA determinations – rural vs. high unemployment;
• Geographic constraints in configuring TEAs;
• State TEA requests, including duration and recertification;
• How to set up a Regional Center;
• Procedures/Timeline for Regional Center designation;
• Project pre-approval;
• Advantages/Disadvantages of setting up a Regional Center;
• Corporate structures for Regional Centers
• Due diligence issues